LRO: RE: The great shock debate

From: Perrone Ford (ford_p@nettally.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 21:19:04 EDT

    Rich,

         Forget the woodheads. If for no other reason than they need to be
    replaced about ever 40-50k miles while the OMEs or the Bilstein shocks will
    go over 200k. Not to mention they ride better, are built better, and have
    better damping characteristics.

            I've ridden on parabolic and stock springs. If you ride without heavy
    loads most of the time, the parabolic are FAR superior. If you are going to
    be on expedition often, then the LR springs are in order.

    -P