Re: LRO: Oh, the humanity!

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 07:48:41 EDT

    So, when you compare the pertronix with the Crane, does the pertronix look
    more robust than the Crane system? My installation ran just fine for
    20,000
    miles, but I was constantly peeking a jaundiced eye under the dizzy cap to
    see if the gimcracky little screw and arm thingy was still in place. The
    darned thing never shifted, but I had a spare breaker plate with P&C just
    in
    case...

    Clinton

    The Pertronix is a flat metal plate with a little black plastic block
    riveted to it. Period. No more, no less, unless you count the wires.

    No adjustments at all - it is held in place by the points pivot and the
    condenser hold-down screw. No fuss, no adjustments. That's one of the
    biggest things I like on the Pertronix vs. the Crane.

                             ajr