LRO: Fantasy ride

From: oldhaven (oldhaven@gwi.net)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 07:29:10 EDT

    > n a DC-3/C-47. Don't care whether I go as passenger or cargo (Hey I
    > > retired after 22 years in the Army - I'm used to going as cargo!) I've
    > > ridden in a lot of military aircraft, but never one of these.
    > >
    > > Anyone know of a Charter or Scheduled flying, preferably on or near the
    > East
    > > Coast, I can hook up with? If so, please respond off list.
    > >
    > > Thanks for the band width.
    > >
    > > Larry Smith
    > > Chester, VA

    Two suggestions:

    In Greenville Maine there is a DC-3 floatplane (really) which gets flown once a
    year or so off of Moosehead Lake. I suppose a lot of money could get you a
    ride. You can at least see it at the annual floatplane fly-in every summer.

    Go on a vacation to Honduras and fly out to the Bay Islands to go diving. I did
    that on a DC-3 several times,

    Ron Franklin