Re: LRO: Re: Real Rovers

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 11:20:18 EDT

    > It will be interesting to see what happens when
    > I turn up to a show with mud all over my 67
    >SWB and a Chevy V8 that has been reluctantly shoehorned
    > under the hood. Rumbling like an AC Cobra because
    >it only has two cherry bombs and no muffler!!!!!

    Funny you should ask. I regularly attend British car meets. When I
    bring my lovingly restored 1961 Triumph TR3A it gets glanced at about the
    same as all the other nice looking TR3s in the line.

    When I bring the Green Rover, pop the top, open thebed and set the
    interior to cooking mode (Cook top cover up, broiler exposed, cross isle
    table up) I get constant crowds of non Land Rover people oooing and
    aaahing. I've trailed with most the Land Rover folks so they know my
    interior well.

    What has been happening since my engine, gearbox steering box swap is
    that I have been having a lot of Land Rover people asking me to pop the
    bonnet so they can have a look at the new engine, spending time streched
    out under my Land Rover and asking a lot of questions about how certain
    things were done. A large proportion of the Local Land Rover owners seem
    to be very keen about leaning the mechanicals of my recent swap.

    Oh, and while my carefuly restored TR3 is one of the crowd, my custom
    modified Land Rover is now a very frequent people's choice winner.

    Go figure

    TeriAnn
                          http://www.overlander.net

      The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
      with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.