LRO: RE: Wasted Yutes attn: Marin

From: Paul Gussack (Paul@AVscope.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 16:42:26 EDT

    Marin,
    I usually find myself agreeing with you, and find you knowledge very useful.

    I'll probably be flamed for this but I find your post ironic. You lambaste
    the "eco-freaks" as misinformed youths who protest and get results through
    their actions. This is something we, as any citizen, have the right in the
    U. S. to do. If you love toxic waste, dioxins, creosote and sulphur
    dioxides then get out and speak up for their continued existence. These
    protests are not against the workers but the continued practice of ignoring
    the consequences of our actions. Many of the workers in theses plants are
    exposed to dangerous products many times without their knowledge or consent.
    A nuclear facility near where I currently live is under review for an
    unusually high instance of certain cancers that many of it's past employees
    are suffering from.

    In most cases the protests are not blow up the plants and go back to sticks
    and stones but to reevaluate how these operations are run. Unfortunately,
    it often takes very vocal and visible action by citizens to get notice. You
    just hope that they are proper and peaceful.

    Make no mistake these youths will pay for our mistakes and don't want to
    inherit a planet that is unlivable. Look not at the future but at now. If
    you were to have your blood tested you may be disturbed to find how many
    toxins you carry in your body. Believe me you'd feel better without them.

    The bottom line is don't complain to the list about what you don't like,
    write your government. They will listen. I honestly believe that.

    If you can do no good at least do no harm.

    Sorry for the rant

    Paul G
    SIII SWB "Grendal"