Re: LRO: Re: Nick's New Mexico Adventure

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 11:27:34 EDT

    Also, Regarding car numbers and registration. I recentlt "rescued" a 1972 Mercedes 450 SL
    that had no title, no keys and no home. I towed it to the California DMV on a trailer with 4
    flat tires and filled in an "abandoned vehicle claim form" $65 later I was given licence
    plates and a full title. It even had 10 year expired plates and tags on it from another
    state. If you do this, you have to have been "given" the car. If you "buy" it, then the
    position of the seller is in question if ther is no title.
    Mark Pilkington