LRO: Re: Rovers in WWII

From: Frank Elson (frankelson@felson.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 08:21:02 EDT

    Sandy wrote: >>>How did the
    > producers think they could get *that* past the home-market viewers?<<<

    didn't know, didn't care...
    I used to list all these mistakes in columns in various mags. I also
    included books...
     Noel Barber is a very popular writer for women. My Marjorie nudged me in
    bed one night to tell me that Mr Barber had someone pick someone up in 'his
    old Land Rover' in 1946...
     Tom Clancy, universally acclaimed for getting his facts right, had someone
    driving a 'Land Rover Jeep'...

    It's not just Land Rovers of course. Have you EVER seen an actor holding a
    fishing rod correctly in a film or TV (apart from Robert Redford's
    marvellous film) ?

    they don't know, they don't care...

    Best Cheers

    Frank