LRO: Engine Balancing

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 21:48:33 EDT

    > >Though I will gladly admit the series II (not IIA) engine is considerably
    > >smoother and better-balanced than its IIa counterpart. Miss Jess idles so
    > >quietly you can barely hear her run.

    Hmm, can't hear my engine at an idle either, or at 4000rpms for that matter,
    500w amp takes care of that.

    But seriously. Is it a good idea to get the crank and con rods balanced for
    a 1970 2.25petrol lump when doing a rebuild?
    Yeah, I am back into the keep it Rover mode. Decided that in the end it
    would just plain be simpler to rebuild the 2.25 then replace it with a 4.3.
    Am thinking about doing the rebuild next month, school will be over. And I
    figure I should go ahead and do it while I have back up trans, and a job to
    pay for it, hahaa.
    Pete 'really I am not usually this indecisive'