LRO: RE: RE: Re: LRs in WWII movies

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 21:25:29 EDT

    > Hope Peter wrote:
    >
    > > I thought that there was only one running Tiger 1 left in the
    > world. At a
    > > museam in Briton.
    >
    > Isn't there one at the memorial center outside Bastogne? Or is my
    > mind tuned in
    > on the Belgian beer?
    >
    > Rgds
    > sv/aurens

    Not sure. One of the model magazines I read did a special issue on the
    Tiger in the past year. Had photos from the restoration of the one in
    Britain and claimed it was the only known running one left. Unfortunately
    Britain and Belgium are pretty close in the current version of memory I am
    working with, so it could be the other way around. Could have been in one
    of the French or Spanish mags I attempt to read (B in French, C in Spanish)
    even.
    Can't seem to find the magazine of course.
    Pete 'i think'