LRO: Rovers in WWII

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 13:44:33 EDT

    Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 10:05:41 -0400
    From: "A. P. \"Sandy\" Grice" <rover@pinn.net>
    Subject: LRO: Rovers in WWII

    "Alex Maiolo" <Rovernut@nc.rr.com> wrote:

    >I can't think of any WWII movie that's been lame enough to use a Land Rover,
    >although I have seen quite a few with much later issue jeeps.

    I saw a bit of a low-budget WWII movie a few months ago on TV. The part
    I saw had some agent being picked up at a remote airfield to be taken into
    or out of Germany. The plane came in to get her (I think the agent was a her),
    and it was a Cessna 206. Can't get much more accurate than that.

    There's also a scene in the Pearl Harbor movie "Tora Tora Tora" where a
    Jeep drives down a pier next to a ship. The Jeep has Warn hubs on it.
    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88
      1991 Range Rover Vogue SE