RE: [lro] bad stuff

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 07:36:47 EST

    --- Robert MacCormick <Robert.MacCormick@olin.edu> wrote:

    > I use a computer to set things diagnose problems and
    > reset codes.....How
    > soon will I pludding the silly thing into macafee or some
    > other such
    > thing for updates....

    Considering the average ECU doesn't have any real IO
    routines for executable code, not for the present, I'd
    think. If it's got no place to accept programming or a way
    to execute code, then it's immune.

    Car computers are relatively stupid, simgle-purpose devices
    that are nowhere near as flexible as a general purpose
    computing device - and they should be kept that way. If you
    must have this electrickery keep it to the KISS principle.

    It's bad enough my RR has ABS and the EFI....but we've been
    down this path before again and again and again...8*)

               ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....