Re: [lro] oil vs. Grease???

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 11:09:09 EST

    > I've never heard about that one? Can anyone explain
    > the grease in the swivel ball to me?

    Oh nothing much.

    Rover specified a light grease to go into the swivel balls of LRs that
    have CV joints to keep warranty claims for leaking seals down.

    Some series folk inferred that what's good for CV joints is also good
    for 'U' joints even though the lub'ed spaces have tighter clearances.

    I'm currently in the camp that believes its their Rover and they can
    maintain it as they see fit. However if a U joint lub'ed by grease
    goes out whilst on the trail I do reserve the right to say "Told ya so".

    TeriAnn