[lro] Stromberg

From: Chris & Esther Evans (clerevans@paradise.net.nz)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 04:00:45 EDT

    Gidday,
               My apologies for not paying too much attention to the digests and
    getting into this subject so late. The Stromberg dowdraught carb you are
    referring too is the standard carb that was / is fitted to many old GM Holden
    cars manufactured in Australia from 1948 onwards. The carb was used on the
    range of small six cylinder engines - mostly small chevs I think. Sizes ranged
    from 138, 149, 179, 186 and 202 Cu inch. I have all the specs and data for the
    carbs if anyone needs it. The carb is very similar to your rochester - it is
    quite sort after in the US I gather as it was originally fitted to some wwII
    jeeps. In New Zealand it has been fitted to some landrovers although it is
    more common to fit the complete Holden engine and not just the carb, the old
    179 and 186 were the most popular sizes. Most have been replaced by the larger
    202 which is more readily available.

    Regards

    Chris Evans

    63 Series IIa 109