[lro] sightings

From: Todd Schlemmer (nullman@centurytel.net)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 12:27:55 EDT

    Was cruising for some Oceanside, CA tacos a couple of days ago and ran
    across a white 109 with zebras on the body below the hardtop. It was parked
    exactly like in the picture at the link, so I think it may just be a prop
    for the "Reptile Haven". SWMBO hadn't the time for a recon mission, so I
    can't even say if it runs, but it was nice to see. I searched on the web,
    and here it is:
    http://www.reptilehavenonline.com/storepics.htm

    Next day, between Laguna Beach and Newport Beach (still california), I was
    gawking at a RR classic heading the other way and right behind it was a very
    shiny red (IIA?) 109 with a full length galvy roof rack. Nuthin' up top,
    and it didn't look packed, so I assume it was a local, rather than a
    wanderer on the coastal highway. Anyone on the list?

    cheers

    Todd Schlemmer
    Vashon Island, WA
    www.ozedeph.com