[lro] Stromberg carb 2.25 Q

From: Smokey Briggs (smokey@pecos.net)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 12:58:38 EDT

    We have two IIa 88s ('64 and '67) fresh in from Australia. Both have
    2.25 petrol engines. Both also have stromberg carbs mounted. The Green
    Bible lists the stromberg for the 6 cylinder (I think).

    Both trucks seem a little flat in terms of power -- both have had
    basic tune ups with new points, condensor, plugs, wires, rotors and
    caps. Sparks that came out looked good. No smoke at the tail pipe even
    when shifting. Both are also fitted with electric fuel pumps. Am
    waiting to get my compression guage back from a friend -- will check
    that then.

    My next guess is that the vacuum advance is not functioning properly or
    that the carb is not proper for the engine and causing a problem.

    I'll be going though the other possibilities but I thought someone on
    the list might be able to shed some light on the stromberg carbs.