Re: [lro] Hi/Lo beams

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 17:13:23 EDT

    Kirk, the big relays in your fuse box are the same as any Bosch automotive
    relay, except the mounting tab is cut off. I just snipped the tab off with
    some side cutters and am using a Hella relay in that box to control some
    lights. All the headlight relays I've ever seen had the same pin arrangement
    so if it's a 5 pin arrangement it will likely fit - nice to be able to use
    off the shelf parts for large draws.

    The smaller ones are a Ford only thing I think, that's why I'm using them
    for non-essentials and really really tiny working currents.

    If ever you need any of the fuse box specific connectors I have a lot of
    them, I "parted out" three of those fuse boxes and I now have more relays,
    wires and connectors than I know what to do with ;-)

    J-L

    > Probably would, as the unit I'm familiar with is a Bosch relay, ex VW golf

    Bosch