Re: [lro] Ebay, instant pack rat

From: Richard Joltes (djoltes@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 23:27:10 EDT

    At 15:30 13-04-03 -0700, you wrote:

    >Where is this pile of crap, anyway?

    Somewhere near you, apparently. Field trip!

    >Deej, you'd figure you would have learned better from the
    >last pile of Rover stuff you picked up at random...

    Yabbut that was a different story as it was all leavings from
    2-3 parted-out cars. This, if the advert is accurate, is at
    least a dozen full cars, piles of used and NOS spares, and who
    knows what else. In other words, this lot might actually be of
    reasonable value.

    Speakin' of which, I still have a pile of misc used SIIA (we
    think) parts lying around -- a clutch pedal box & MC (condition
    of the latter unknown), 4 Solexes in pieces, 2 intake manifolds,
    a used pair of rear drive shafts, a full set of brake drums, at
    least 2 military-style tow jaws (without the pin), and some
    other bits, like an apparently brand-new spare tyre carrier from
    an 88 (the one that mounts behind the seat). I have this stuff
    in my garage as I'm trying to help a guy I know who got stuck
    with the stuff when he bought a load of MG parts...anyone wants
    anything, let me know otherwise it'll probably all go to the
    local scrappie. Make an offer.

    I also have a pair of amber turn-light lenses (later style
    plastic type) and a set of NOS headlamp gaskets if anyone is in
    need.

    >which reminds me - where is my tie rod and drag link?

    Err, in a box by the front door. I'll try to get it shipped to
    you this week. Sorry, been crazy busy.

    dj
    1974 SIII Airportable, 'Smudger'
    1971 Spitfire Mk IV, 'Harry'