[lro] Pertronix trouble

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 23:19:01 EDT

    I decided to go with the electronic ignition...

    And, installing the Pertronix was as easy as everyone always states. I
    also installed a new Pertronix Flamethrower Coil as well. Everything
    went so smoothly until I tried to start up the truck..no go!

    I checked all the connections. Everything seems correct.

    I do have a question though.My old Lucas coil had a small "canister"
    connecting by a wire to the positive low tension lead on the coil. It
    isn't a ballast resistor (at least I think) since there is no
    continuation of a circuit (it's a single lead to a 'dead end' canister.)
    Anyone know what this is? Is it necessary?

    I'm wondering if I need to do a static timing. I still think it should
    have started.even if it ran rough.

    Any ideas would be appreciated. I won't be able to get to it for a few
    days so I'm hoping to have dozens of experienced viewpoints by then! ;-)

    (My plan will probably be to reinstall the Lucas coil to isolate my
    problem area. Igniter vs. Flamethrower wiring)

    Paul.

    Series III 109SW