Re: [lro] winch website

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 11:51:50 EDT

    > Indeed. The way I was planning on dealing with mine was
    > with a relay to reverse the field leads. DUnno that
    > straight isolation would work - never got that far into it.
    >
    > I lived mine when it was on Mr. C. Great winch which hauled
    > far over its limit uncomplainingly.

    Legend has it that Warn bought Bellview, didn't modify the winch at all and
    upped the rating to 8000 lbs. Mine's an early Warn, W8000 I believe. It's a
    beast, now that I've got a lot of current going to it (2/0 cable and optima)
    it has really proven itself capable.

    Isolating the motor is a royal pain, if not impossible. The bolts that told
    the thing together go right through the motor and to isolate these would be
    dangerous.

    I am pretty sure the motor from the 8274 (reversing) is a direct bolt on
    fit. It has two terminals, one for in, one for out.

    J-L