Re: [lro] winch website

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 03:29:21 EDT

    On 4/11/03 9:12 PM, "David Scheidt" <dmschei@attglobal.net> wrote:

    > The fairlead. Ones with rollers are called, shockingly, roller
    > fairleads. It's probably much easier to source a whole new fairlead
    > than it is to fix the one you've got. Any winch supplier can sell
    > you one.

    If you've already got holes in the bumper from the warn winch, I'd look for
    one from them.

    I replaced my warn fairlead with one from superwinch and the holes were a
    fair bit off. I think it had two that matched and two that were vertically
    off. Who knows what the case is for something of your winch's vintage.

    .02

    --pat.