Re: [lro] winch website

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 03:12:04 EDT

    >hi all,
    >
    >today I picked up the winch that originally came with
    >my '67 88.
    >
    >IT's a belleview (or warn I hear? IT's one of the
    >same, correct?), rated at 6,000 lbs. I know somewhere

    Warn bought either the company or the rights to the winch. It's a
    good winch, the only real drawbacks are the lack of a power out
    (which I suspect could be corrected by isolating the motor, and
    providing a suitable set of solenoids to provide opposite polarity to
    the motor. AJR? You've got one, you know?) and the cable operated
    controls, which are prone to rusting up and breakage.

    >The original owner (who I met for the first time
    >today...some incredible stores he had) of my land
    >rover said that i need new rollers for where the cable
    >goes through. Does anyone know where I can pick up new
    >ones? These are the rollers that attach to the front
    >of the bumper, perpendicular to the ground.

    The fairlead. Ones with rollers are called, shockingly, roller
    fairleads. It's probably much easier to source a whole new fairlead
    than it is to fix the one you've got. Any winch supplier can sell
    you one.

    Davod