Re: [lro] Salisbury Axles and finding TDC...

From: Rick Grant (rickgrant@telus.net)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 18:24:20 EDT

    Alan J. Richer wrote
    > aj"How many times have I given this bloody speech..."r

    Keep on giving it Alan. Perhaps the bits about using the correct tool,
    attention to detail, and staying organized will sink into my head for good
    if you keep up the catechism.

    Which reminds me, there was a very fine British writer, Nevil Shute, (whose
    books unfortunately are now slipping into obscurity,) who made proper
    engine and aircraft mechanical maintenance a central part of a novel
    involving a religious movement that one of his central characters
    started. Essentially, if you followed the philosophy and techniques you
    outlined in the previous message, and performed all mechanical work as if
    its quality was a reflection on the worth of your soul then nirvana would
    follow.

    The book was "Round the Bend". It and "Trustee from the Toolroom" are what
    I consider the finest insights into the mechanically inclined mind I've
    ever come across.

                                                    Rick Grant

    International Strategic Communications and Media Relations
    Calgary Alberta
    www.rickgrant.com