[lro] 110 opens palace door?

From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice (apg4@pinn.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 11:45:39 EDT

    Patrick Parsons <patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com>

    >I have the telly on for background noise, and glancing up, I see some
    >soldiers trying to get into a large door at a palace in baghdad...
    >
    >They step back and a camo roofless 110 drives up and pops the door open.
    >Looks like the 21st century version of a Pink Panther.
    >
    >Must have an ARB bumper as the stock one won't do that...

    Saw that too, except I saw the whole clip...some voice-over about the
    soldiers using "low-tech" methods with images of them swinging sledge
    hammers and not be able to gain entry, then the Rover crashing through with
    the narrator explaining how "other methods" were used....

    Frank Elson" <frank.elson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >sorry I just noticed Pat said a palace in Bagdad, it was Basra, we're in
    >Basra you're in Bagdad, you can tell easily, we're the ones with Land Rovers

    Also saw the hour-long ABC Peter Jennings show. *Frequent* shots with a
    110 in the background...Peter must've actually been traveling (embedded??)
    in it, because some of the shots were through the windscreen with the
    vehicle in motion.

    Cheers