Re: [lro] Parts purchase strategy

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 22:44:31 EST

    Keith wrote:

    I went through a very expensive learning process with Paddocks.
    Basically,
    they assumed (after not being able to contact me for a couple of days)
    that
    I wanted my exhaust system and rear crossmember shipped next-day UPS.
    Then
    UPS lost the package for a while, making it late to deliver and thus
    entitling me to a refund. Paddocks was terribly uninterested in helping
    me
    reclaim my money from UPS. I learned that customer service is very
    different in the UK than in the US.

    Would I deal with them again? Yes, and I have. But I'm very careful
    about
    all the details and I talk to them regularly.

    Keith,

    About what did you pay for shipping when you bought the crossmember? I
    assume you did this back in Ontario. I live in Michigan so I figure the
    shipping would be relatively the same.

    Paul Schultz
    Series III 109SW