Re: [lro] Fuel pump for SIIA Euro 6

From: Todd Vess (toddvess@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 21:58:07 EST

The fuel pumps definitely hate crossing the pond, as Effie's left me
stranded in the middle of nowhere today on the way to get license plates for
her and Annie. She died on a back road between Windsor and Greeley, Colo. I
had fuel, but the pump wasn't pumping. Of course, I didn't have any tools
with me. My wife came out and towed me home with the Range Rover. (She's
getting good at this.) I took the cover off from above the pump and was
showing my wife how to convert a standard pump to a Napa one. (I stopped at
Napa on the way and purchased the same type pump I put in Annie Saturday.) I
went to show her how it SHOULD make a clicking nose when the key is in the
on position, but won't as it's broken. I turned the key, and she started
clicking; slowly, but clicking. My wife laughed and walked up to the house.
After a closer look, I noticed the electrical connections seemed very
corroded. (I think plastic rusts in England.) I pulled them off, cleaned
them, blasted the whole unit with the canned electronics spray stuff, and
she clicked along just fine. Now I have a spare fuel pump "kit" in the back
of Effie, complete with pump, tools etc, just in case. . .

Todd Vess
Windsor, Colo.
1990 Range Rover
1972 SIII Euro 6 5-door CSW "Effie"