RE: [lro] Re: Overbore 2.25?

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 13:11:52 EST

    Water injection is often used in place of (or in conjunction with) an
    intercooler. I've never heard of exhaust injection - since the water
    requires energy to flash into steam, it's going to take energy from the
    exhaust. I think you'd end up with a net loss, but I'll run it by Corky
    Bell today.

    If you really want fast spoolup, nitrous is the hot ticket. Or go with a
    positive displacement supercharger - a better choice for the type of
    driving you do offroad. I'd recommend a twin screw instead of a Roots myself.

    Keith