Re: [lro] Re: Overbore 2.25?

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 10:30:22 EST

    > Not a problem with the deep-water wading. I used to do a lot of it
    > when I was living in Australia in a 200TDi Disco and a 300TDi 110
    > utility, and never had a problem with the housing. I know the
    > housing was hot because the first water crossing I had to do was an
    > hours drive from my place at about 3500rpm in fifth (4000 in the
    > Defender), and I never had any problems with the turbo housings.
    > Water entry into the cab destroying the carpets in the Disco, now
    > that's another story....

    Excellent! That's what I wanted to hear. I definitely won't be using a
    200/300TDI because of the prohibitive cost of importing one of these motors,
    but I'm looking at a few others that have turbos/can be turboed. I was
    contemplating sticking with a NA diesel because of the turbo being damaged
    in water, but now it's turbo diesel all the way.

    J-L