Re: [lro] Overbore 2.25?

From: ynotink (ynotink@qwest.net)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 19:10:56 EST

    If I read it right the 2.8 is a 2.25 that has been stroked to 2.5 and then
    over bored. I think they sleeved the block and overbored it, although I don't
    remember that detail that well. The pistons were special with a wedge cut on
    one side to squeeze the mixture toward the spark plug for better combustion
    control. The torque curve is very impressive starting with about 130 lb-ft at
    idle and reaching 177 lb-ft at a high mid range. (3200 RPM?)

    If I had the bucks (and a SII or later truck)...

    Bill Lawrence