Re: [lro] See, it all figures...

From: Todd Vess (toddvess@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 23:17:06 EST

    My 5-door 109" SIII arrived from England today! The fuel cap was open and
    the tires were deflated to about 15 psi each. No fuel at all left in the
    tank. (It only had about a half a gallon when I left it at the shipping
    company in London six weeks ago.)

    I'm assuming Customs opened the fuel cap to make sure it wasn't packed with
    something illegal, though they obviously didn't check inside, as none of the
    parts bins appeared to have been opened. (I shoulda stuck some Cuban cigars
    on board. . .)

    Do they lower the tire psi for a reason, or do you think it was it too tall
    to fit in the ship? It barely fits in my garage with the tires fully
    inflated.

    Todd Vess
    Windsor, Colo.
    1990 Range Rover
    1972 SIII 109" CSW Euro 6 cyl (Home finally!) "Effie"
    1969 SIIA 109" Pick-Up Euro 6 (Arriving Saturday morning) "Annie"
    1971 Mini "Minnie"
    1993 VW EuroVan