Re: [lro] See, it all figures...

From: ynotink (ynotink@qwest.net)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 20:09:33 EST

    Jean-Leon Morin wrote:

    Someone mentioned welding... What IS the general consensus of the list when
    it comes to welding a fuel tank?

    I think the best advise is not to try it at home. I wouldn't trust any amount
    of washing with any type of soap to get all of the combustibles out of the
    tank. I think the pros use steam to remove all of the residuals before they try
    welding on a fuel tank. An old mechanic I knew used to say you could weld on a
    tank if you first filled it with exhaust fumes to reduce the O2 content. I
    haven't tried it (and won't in this life time).