[lro] Simply Amazing!!! OT

From: Kirk Hillman (hillman88@telus.net)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 19:22:03 EST

    I was reading a page, completely irrelevant to LR's, and came across this
    last paragraph.

    'When running-in a diesel engine, it is recommended to remain within the
    1,800 to 3,000 rpm range: as modern engines are produced with an accuracy
    of ---100th of a micron---, they no longer require to be run-in, but this
    precaution allows the different moving parts to "find" their place.

        1/100th of a micron, eh? Methinks he is on glue. ;-) Granted, some
    engines are built to exacting standards but not that high, and they still
    require break-in periods.

    Kirk

    NB: here's the link if you don't believe me
     http://www.tuningbox.com/ANG/technique-ang.html