[lro] Clutch/Brake fluid?

From: Robert Palmer (rbpalmer_nrt@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 19:55:16 EST

    First the question :) It says to use Castrol or Girling Brake/Clutch fluid
    in my older rovers, and I've heard it cited that this is because of the soft
    rubber bits (use the wrong stuff and they dissolve). At my local auto store
    they have a number of DOT3/4 products and say they're the same stuff as in
    Castrol... First, does that make sense? What am I looking for in chosing
    the correct Brake/Clutch fluid? Or more importantly, not looking for?
    Second - DOT3 or DOT4 or DOT5... Which to use and what difference does it
    make in a Series clutch/brake setup?

    Thanks!