Re: [lro] Normal road speeds?

From: apsilon (apsilon@optusnet.com.au)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 15:55:38 EST

    > This is my first land rover, 71' IIA 88", I have put on 33" tires, but I
    am experiencing
    > what I feel is low road speeds.

    Does seem a bit low to me. I've fitted 33" to my '75 88" and can accelerate
    (albeit slowly) in 4th on flat ground. I haven't tried top speed but I have
    been up to 60mph but I don't think it had much left and didn't see the point
    in pushing it harder.

    My 2.25 is petrol and is in good condition, has a new weber carb and
    Pertronix ignition FWIW

    Matt.
    Sydney Australia
    '75 Series III 88