Re: [lro] Normal road speeds?

From: jimfoo (jimfoo@purplemountain.net)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 15:51:14 EST

    I would think you should be able to get up to higher speeds on the flat,
    barring any headwinds. I'd check compression and make sure the motor
    just isn't old and tired. Also jack it up and see how easy it is to
    spin the wheels to make sure that the brakes aren't overadjusted. If
    your timing is set to what the manual says, that will cut down your
    power a bit. Make sure the tires are inflated properly as under-inflated
    tires cause extra drag.

    --
    Jim Hall
    1966 88" Elephant Chaser