Re: [lro] DeathWobbling Range Rover - Part Deux:

From: Bob & Sue Bernard (bobnsueb@saber.net)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 14:44:52 EST

    At 11:30 AM 3/20/2003, AJ wrote:
    >I was ANNOYED. However - this told me something. It had
    >done this once before, the first time I set the swivel
    >preloads. it had been fine for 30-40 miles, then screwed up
    >again.
    >
    >Pulled the tie-rod ends and checked the preload - passenger
    >side had dropped 4 pounds or so.

    Hi AJR,
    In the past when my S2A wobbled, The swivel preload was the culprit. I set
    a pair of extras up on the bench then installed them. I found the
    adjustment changed quite a bit after The 90 wt got around on the pivots. So
    when I do them again, I will lube the S##t out of them then adjust the preload.

    Good luck with it.
    Bob B