Re: [lro] RoversNorth Winch Plate for Series Trucks

From: Tom Rowe (trowe@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 19:49:10 EST

    On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:40:25 -0500, Ron Ward wrote:

    >So anyone have a diagram of their winch plate that I could copy and have
    >built? If not and I get stuck with this thing can someone tell me how I can
    >cut the hole in the bumper? No blow torch here fellas.

    Ron,
    If you're gonna be in Atlanta soon, stop by and look at my Lightweight, you can copy
    what I did if you desire. I have the Warn 8274, but dimensional mods would suit fix you
    up.
    I took the bolt pattern dimensions that came with the 8274, had a piece of 3/16 plat cut,
    drilled the holes and welded it to the back of the bumper. I didn't do anything to the
    frame horns. Important, I also cut 1/4" plate to fit the inside profile of the bumper and
    welded it in place next to the fairlead bolt holes. The reason being if you bolt through
    the fairlead to the winch, there is nothing to tighten to, except the bumper channel, which
    will give and the bolts will loosen. The plate I welded in, or you could use pipe cut to
    length, doesn't give and let's you tighten the bolts down and they stay tight.
    I don't have a didgital cam or I'd send you a pic.

    Tom