RE: [lro] RoversNorth Winch Plate for Series Trucks

From: Todd Schlemmer (nullman@centurytel.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 09:41:04 EST

    Ron

    The plate fits very neatly between the two dumb irons. Using a square, I
    figured out where the plate would live, reletive to the FRONT of the bumper
    and then used the plate as a template for the necessary holes, adjusting the
    size of the fairlead opening to juuuuust a bit bigger than the fairlead - it
    was actually a very straightforward process - just remember that the plate
    DOES NOT put your cable in the exact center of the bumper. The build
    quality on the plate is very good - the mounting frobs lined up perfectly -
    measure and drill ONE side and then pin it with a bolt while you drill out
    the other holes. IIRC, I think I bought a 6" long 1/2" drill bit for this,
    so I could drill top and bottom at the same time.

    Todd Schlemmer
    Vashon Island, WA
    www.ozedeph.com