[lro] Engine choice - 300 Tdi vs V8

From: Kevin and Crew (willeys@cyberus.ca)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 05:01:37 EST

    'De-lurk

    "Hi Everyone
    I was reading an article not long age about the 300Tdi, the author claimed
    that better performance can be achieved by installing a larger intercooler.
    I don't know much about turbo induction since superchargers where all the
    rage back in the 70's when I was doing the way-too-fast car thing.
    On the same topic sort of, will a SIII transmission handle the Hp and torque
    from a 300? One of the local Ottawa rover types is thinking of swapping in
    a diesel.

    Have a good one, spring has finally arrived in the north

    Kevin 'Dances with Trees' Willey

    [demime 0.98e lite $Revision: 1.8 $ removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]