Re: [lro] T-Piece swap.

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 07:07:16 EST

    On 3/13/03 2:47 AM, "William J. Rice" <jarvis64@juno.com> wrote:

    > Replacing the rivets will be the only job at which you might balk, b/c to
    > replicate the original rivts requires an air hammer and bucking bar and
    > all sorts of stuff I've never understood no matter how many posts
    > there've been on it. What I did was get sealing, high-strength pop
    > rivets at an aircraft hardware supplier and use those everywhere.
    >
    > Hope that was at least a bit helpful.

    Very helpful.

    I figured it went along those lines, but with these vehicles, until you do
    it, you never know what extra steps lurk. It is a PITA. I know I'll have to
    do it with my 110 eventually, too.

    Often when I look at old vehicles, and see bits that should have been
    changed, if the reason they weren't isn't monetary, it is usually because it
    is a huge multi-person PITA to change the part.

    I too use the rivets you mentioned. Cost a bit more, but I can install them
    myself and I get how they work. I'm just as baffled as to how the other ones
    work. Another instance of having to experience it to see it with my own
    hands. I just ordered a bunch for my galvanized body cappings.

    --pat.