[lro] Loose propshaft

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 02:36:48 EST

    Ack. I was wondering what that squeaking noise was.

    Started happening intermittently, then for longer spells, but I couldn't
    figure out what brought it on. Finally figured out that if I tapped the gas
    pedal to make the sloppy drivetrain evident, it would bring out the squeak.

    Under I went, everything was hunky-dory until I grabbed the front of the
    rear propshaft and gave it a shake. Slack! Yikes. And my toolbox was at
    home. (On-street parking means I can't carry the usual LR Trans Sahara
    toolkit in the back)

    A few turns with a 9/16 wrench tightened it all back up. Thank allah for
    Nylock Nuts!

    If a nyloc doesn't come all the way off, technically it is still the same
    use, and doesn't need to be replaced, right? ;-)

    Oh well, that was my entertainment for the evening. Tomorrow, or the next
    day, oil change time.

    --pat.