Re: [lro] Bulkhead Help

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 13:32:44 EST

    --- John Rayl <jrayl@finelinegraphics.com> wrote:

    > I didn't get a response last time, so does anyone have
    > any info on the
    > proper way to fix a Series bulkhead?

    Well, when i did mine I cut it free of the chassis (what
    was left of it) with the outriggers and centre section of
    the old chassis still attached.

    I used this as a jig to keep the miserable thing aligned,
    and just did one bit at a time, using measurments from my
    other Rover to create templates and make the new parts.

    This worked well. Barring that, I'd repair it right on the
    chassis, making sure things stay right and square by
    constant measurement. Bracing from the bulkhead to the back
    body holding it square is a good idea, if you have the
    truck together enough to do it. I didn't have sufficient
    space to do it this way, so I just went very carefully,
    making sure that any new bit getting put on was going on in
    the exact same alignment as the old one.

              ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://webhosting.yahoo.com