[lro] My new used ambulance

From: Solihull@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 21:28:06 EST

    I have just acquired a series 2a ambulance. I swapped a SWB series three for
    it. Serial number is 25437472H. Reg was 06 FK 06. I just looked all over for
    my LR book that gives breakdowns by number, but cant find it. Maybe someone
    else's is close to hand. PO has a book with all the records from MOD, and I
    look forward to going over that when we finalize the deal. It was brought
    over as a '72, which it obviously isn't. It has a generator and Rover rear
    axle. Oddly, the left halfshaft has a flange made onto it, while the right
    one is typical two piece, not counting the cotter, nut and cover.
    Cheers!
    John Dillingham
    Vintage Rover Service
    Canton, Georgia
    93 Eurovan 'Red Bettie'
    88 Range Rover 'Periwinkle'
    85 Range Rover 'Hyacinth'
    68 Land Rover 88 (project, for sale)
    72 Land Rover 88 'Old 502
    ?? Land Rover Ambulance 25437472H
    82 Isuzu Imark diesel 'baby deezle'
    60 Ex MOD series II SWB RHD
    75 Ex MOD 101 forward control troop transport