Re: [lro] Project Salisburly

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 23:35:38 EST

    > Don't pull the tubes on a D60 !!!! You are asking for big PITA!!!!

    Why? Any experience with this?

    > Here's a suggestion:
    > Since there is a lathe in the picture make flanges to fit the D60's that
    > match the Rover spindles, cut off the D60 tubes and weld on the flanges...
    > Now you pretty much have a Salisbury... For $75 or whatever...

    Can't do that, then I'd be limited in axleshaft size by the ID of the
    spindle. I want to run 1.5" shafts ultimately and they won't fit through
    the stub axle. Plus, I want to use a standard Dodge hub so I can run 1 piece
    axles that are off the shelf.

    Plus if you
    > wanted to you could make the axle housing a little wider...
    > I did something similar making 14 bolt GM spindles to fit my Salisbury so
    > could slap on an easy set of rear disc brakes....

    8 bolt rear discs? Are you using GM wheels?

    J-L