Re: [lro] Project Salisburly

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 14:28:41 EST

    > My opinion of axles has always been they are cheap and easy to
    > replace,how strong do you have to make an axle before it is no longer
    > the weak link in the drivetrain? and what is the next item to go bang?
    > it may have been by accident but in my opinion Rover got it right.

    We have very different philosophies. My preference is to go out on the
    trail and not break anything.

    I would rather my Land Rover be strong enough to go where I want it
    without breaking anything, no matter what the weakest part is.

    10 spline axles just does not cut it. Esp if the inside end breaks and
    a big chip gets between the ring & pinion gear taking out a few teeth
    (had that happen twice).

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
          Marigold Ltd.
          www.marigoldltd.com