[lro] Re: Under Pressure!

From: Doug Sinclair (dns@interlog.com)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 09:43:01 EST

    Peter Ogilvie wrote:
    > If your crank journals were out of round enough to
    > require a regrind, a rebuild was in your near future
    > anyway. Why weren't you using the Factory pickup
    > location, a SPOT, obstinence, or other???

    From the factory, I have an oil pressure warning switch on the rocker feed
    and an electric oil pressure sensor on the oil filter adapter. The gauge
    for that sensor is long missing. The thread on both the sensor and the
    switch is British, and I was unable to find an adapter that would take me to
    NPT. I did, however, find an adapter that would mate with one of the
    couplings in the rocker feed.

    It wasn't until recently that I found the 3/8" plug in the oil filter
    adapter, buried under the grime. It's on the other side of the oil filter
    from the factory sensor, but it's probably close enough.

    I do agree that the crank could have used regrinding anyhow. Next time I do
    that, I'm going to take the engine out of the truck first. Lifting the
    crank into the block from underneath was not fun.

    Doug