[lro] Under pressure!

From: Doug Sinclair (dns@interlog.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 14:32:38 EST

    I have oil pressure again. Maybe I never lost it. I have 50 PSI at 65 MPH
    (3600 RPM), though only 10 PSI or so at hot idle.

    In my quest for oil pressure I have:
    - Replaced the pump gears and relief spring
    - Re-ground the crankshaft
    - Replaced the main and rod bearings

    The problem, it seems, was that my oil pressure sensor was in the wrong
    place. I had it plumbed into the rocker oil feed, where it measured only 25
    PSI. I now have a 3/8" NPT fitting driven into the oil filter bracket where
    I get a much higher reading. Who knows if any of the engine rebuild helped.

    I would like to thank all of the list members who helped to answer my oil
    delivery questions and got me to this point.

    Doug