[lro] Britax Seat Belts in a SII

From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice (apg4@pinn.net)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 17:04:56 EST

    Bob & Sue Bernard <bobnsueb@saber.net> wrote:

    >The late S2A does exactly that. There are mount points behind the seats on
    >the bulkhead. 69 and 70 at least.

    Same on an early (May '72) Series III....

    and Bill Lawrence "ynotink" <ynotink@qwest.net> added:

    >I think Rovers North had a pretty good illustration of this set-up in one of
    >their catalogs a few years ago. If I remember there is a special stiffener
    that
    >mounts to the top frame behind the seat for the three point belt.

    A dozen or more years ago, I decided to 'update' the belts with the
    inertia-style belts. So I ordered the upper bracket from RN as Bill
    described. (Triangular in shape, it bolts between the door and window
    frame on an 88.) Lo and behold, when I pulled the fascia panel, there was
    a captive nut already in place, with the same weird 15 or 17mm thread as
    the latter-day restraints used. I thought this to be most curious, as my
    Rover has precisely *one* other metric fitting on it.

    I wan't real sure that these belts would fit, so I only ordered one at
    first, due to the expense. Of course, I ordered the "driver's side"
    first...so my passengers were the first to enjoy the benefits....

    Cheers