Re: [lro] re-skinning doors

From: Mike Rogers (MikeRogers@mattishall.org.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 10:44:57 EST

    > Anyone actually done this? Can you offer any advice?

    I re-skinned the hybrid doors after making good and welding up the steel
    frames. All I used between the frame and skin was a strip of PVC tape where
    the ali meets the steel, as a precaution against dissimilar metal corrosion.
    Then just bent the edges of the skins back round the frame, and ten years
    later they are still fine,

    I don't think any of the rattles come from the door skins :-)

    Mike Rogers
    Lightweight/Range Rover Hybrid
    2A TD+I
    Keeper of the UK LRO "Who's where" list
    "If you can't get there in a Land Rover, you can't get there.