[lro] re-skinning doors

From: Simon Harding (sjharding@schulte-law.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 18:26:36 EST

    Thanks for the input all. Silicone is BAD. I learned that lesson already
    on my rover. Happy to say I only applied it in one area before learning
    that seam sealer or strip caulk is the way to go. Any area that had even a
    trace of it would not accept paint. Someone once told me it actually
    increases corrosion too. Not sure if there's truth to that.... I think
    I'll either seam seal or just paint the faces of the door frame where the
    galvanized steel will be up against the aluminum door skin (also painted).

    Simon