Re: [lro] OT - British Registration Letters

From: John Cranfield (john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 07:48:54 EST

    Rick Grant wrote:

    > M. T. wrote
    > >Frank Elson explained it best in a few emails between Dec 2000 and May 2001.
    >
    > Yes, I have those, and they are what prompted my question because there are
    > so many changes, inconsistencies, and complications of suffix and prefix,
    > that I cannot imagine an ordinary person making sense of it all.

                                           Rick Grant
    > 1959 SII 88"
    > VORIZO

    Don't forget that this is a country that until the 70s dealt on a daily
    basis with a currency system that had 3 basic units, Pounds, shillings
    and pence. There were 12 pennies to 1 shilling and 20 shillings to the
    pound.
    The average kid learned to navigate this within a week or two of getting
    pocket money for the first time.
    John and Muddy